We need your help to buy the bogies for 10000 Click the link below to find out more
Definitions and interpretation
Collectively all information that you submit to IDRS via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 1998 and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018.
IDRS, or us
Ivatt Diesel Recreation Society of 46 Biddick Village, Washington, NE38 7NP;
User or you
Any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by IDRS and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to IDRS and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and
The website that you are currently using lms10000.co.uk, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
Scope of this policy
Our use of Data
5. For purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018, the IDRS is the "data controller".
6. We will retain any Data until and unless you request it to be deleted.
7. Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to any third-party disclosures specifically set out in this policy, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties. This includes our affiliates and / or other companies within our group.
8. All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998 and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018. For more details on security see the clause below (Security).
9. Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website and the e-newsletter provided via MailChimp. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
Third party websites and services
10. IDRS may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of membership, the website and associated e-newsletter. The providers of such services do not have access to personal Data provided by Users of this Website, other than your email address solely for sending out the e-newsletter.
Changes of business ownership and control
12. In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
Controlling use of your Data
13. Wherever you are required to submit Data*, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data. This may include the following:
a. Use of Data for direct marketing purposes; and
b. Sharing Data with third parties.
* [ Your request to receive our e-newsletter via MailChimp is not subject to such options]
Functionality of the Website
14. To use all features and functions available on the Website, you may be required to submit certain Data.
Accessing your own Data
15. You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal Data held by us (where such Data is held). No fee will be charged. You have the right to be forgotten and for your data to be deleted upon request, according to GDPR law.
16. Data security is of great importance to IDRS and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data.
17. If password access is required for certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
18. We endeavour to do our best to protect your personal Data. However, transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk.
20. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
21. This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
Changes to this policy
You may contact the Society by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.